Seawall & Dock Inspection (SDI) performs detailed above and below water inspections of marine structures such as seawalls and docks and provides clients with a detailed condition assessment of their structures along the East Coast, West Coast and Central Florida.
Owned and operated by a certified Professional Engineer who is specialized in Forensic Structural, Geotechnical and Coastal inspections and has extensive experience in all Coastal/Marine Engineering aspects including design, permitting and construction. We offer the following benefits compared to traditional inspection companies:
- Experience – Sea wall and Dock assessments are not just an additional item to a home inspection it is our core business.
- Fair & Unbiased – SDI is a division of an engineering firm and therefore are not in the business of selling you a brand new seawall, therefore our assessments are neutral and unbiased.
- Thorough – Our detailed seawall and dock assessment report will advise you of recommended repair options and costs.
- Licensed & Insured – All reports and final analysis performed by a certified Professional Engineer licensed in the State of Florida.
- Knowledgeable – We have engineered, permitted, inspected and overseen construction of seawalls, docks and other waterfront structures throughout Florida for many years.
- Timely – Our seawall and dock assessment repo rts can be digitally transmitted and are completed within a timely manner following physical inspection.
- Value for Money – Utilizing a network of hand-selected and trained regional affiliates allows SDI to reduce costs, while still providing an unparalleled level of thoroughness.
- Customer Feedback – Any questions, clarifications or concerns you may have after receiving your report will be addressed promptly by our principal engineer.
- Waterfront Due Diligence – We will review not only the seawall and dock but the overall waterfront development feasibility. This includes researching historic permits, coordinating with FDEP & USACE, and conceptual planning.
- Design & Engineering – Some of the many benefits of having a Professional Engineer develop drawings and specifications is having the confidence that your structure will last and it also enables you to compare "apples to apples" when getting bids from contractors.
- Permitting – In many cases the repair or replacement of a structure is simple to permit. However, in many cases the permitting can be cumbersome, expensive and time consuming and often requires an expert.
We service the entire East Coast of Florida and the West Coast from Marion to Collier County including the following cities: Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Palm Coast, Ormond Beach, Daytona Beach, Ponce Inlet, New Smyrna Beach, Titusville, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Melbourne, Sebastian, Vero Beach, Ft. Pierce, Stuart, Jupiter, Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Ft. Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, Hollywood, Aventura, Miami Beach, Key Largo, Tampa, New Port Richey, Tarpon Springs, St. Pete Beach, St. Petersburg, Clearwater Beach, Bradenton, Venice, Sarasota, Amelia Island, Siesta Key, Engleweood, Boca Grande, Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, Naples and parts in-between.